Payment Device Controller Web Bridge
How To Setup local Payment Terminals via Payment Device Controller Web Bridge (PDC Bridge)
PDC Web Bridge is a Payment Device Addressing Service that allows a Web Based Point of Sale to control locally attached Payment Devices via C9PG Addressing Scheme, such as Gateway Merchant ID (GMID) and Gateway Terminal ID (GTID), instead of local IP.
Local Payment Device Controller or Local PDC is a locally installed payment device driver and control service. It is most useful, when Store-and-Forward functionality is desired and installation of local software is practical.
Store-and-Forward allows temporary storage of payment information in the event of internet outage. Normally, installing a Local PDC is a good trade off, since this functionality is built into the Local PDC.
The chain of command, when using PDC Bridge, is as follows:
- Point of Sale (POS) communicates with PDC Bridge, hosted on C9PG Servers
- PDC Bridge communicates with the Local PDC
- Local PDC communicated with the Payment Terminal
- Local PDC communicates with Cloud9 Payment Gateway (C9PG)
- C9PG communicates with Processors/Clearing Houses.
In this way, POS does not need to exercise low level payment terminal level control, using specific API of the payment terminal manufacturer. It is an elegant solution to abstract the complexity of direct payment terminal integration
Table of Contents
JSON API for PDC Bridge
Note: request target is slightly different.
Local PC Payment Device Setup
The following describes the procedure for local Payment Device Controller install that needs to be done for EVERY local PC/Tablet/mobile device that controls Payment Devices.
Setup Payment Device Firmware
Install Payment Device Controller
- Download the PDC for the correct operating system from the Downloads Portal.
- Unzip the install file as necessary and install as normal for your operating system (e.g on Windows, run the EXE file)
Payment Device Controller Service
PDC Communication Settings
RESTART PDC after Enabling Cloud9WebSocket
You will have to repeat this setup for every local PC node that controls the Payment Devices.
USB or Serial or Bluetooth Setup
This information is needed by Local PDC to be able to communicate with the Payment Device via WiFi or Ethernet.
Click OK when done.