Business experts are currently forecasting a strong holiday season for retailers. Here are some of this year's biggest retail trends, themes and tips:
- Convenience: Stores are staying open for longer hours this year in order to cater to customers' hectic holiday schedules. They are also ramping up their online deals and shipping offers, trying to attract customers with ease of operation.
- Fashion: Verdict Retail predicts that clothing and footwear sales will rise by 3.5 percent this year.
- Mobile: Make sure your company's mobile site is up and running, because consumers are expected to spend more time than ever browsing and making purchases on their phones.
- Procrastinators: Businesses are adapting their schedules to leave room for last-minute holiday shoppers, particularly on the Monday before Christmas. In fact, Monday, December 22 will be the biggest sales day for department stores. Christmas Eve is projected to be the number one day of the year for perfume sales, as procrastinating men search for a last-minute Christmas gift.
- Toys: According to RetailWeek, Xeno, an interactive toy monster, is slated to be the top-selling toy this year. He's a purple creature that requires kids to wipe his nose and tend to him when he cries or asks for attention. Xeno also comes with an app so that kids can have even more interactive fun.
- Video games: This year the sale of tablets is likely to slow down. However, companies are executing big price cuts on video game consoles like the Xbox One and PS4. This will get gamers excited and add some padding to the electrical sectors' holiday sales figures.
Give your customers the gift of speedy and efficient checkouts this year by updating your credit card processing software and streamlining your inventory management and data gathering systems.